Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Outline of the Woman

Some days you arise feeling no inclination to move or to press ahead with your day, and such was the case with me today. The universe quickly reminded me that there were other plans for me. I was awoken by a knock at the door, which led to incessant barking by our dog, and as a result I found myself in my bathrobe at the front door. From here my day continued on. Looking back I have discovered that I am a woman who will not ignore a knock on the door, even when every bone in my body begs me not to move. I put others first. Once out of bed I was determined not to return and went through my morning routine. I am a person who upon starting something must continue through with it. So while being a mother I must continue with my studies and my career path, even if my approach may change. This afternoon and early evening there were moments when I continued to feel lost and overwhelmed, however I am beginning to get the sense the woman who is out there and what her outline may be. While still yet dim, it is enough to know that she exists and can be glimpsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment